Aerial photography is that kind of photography where pictures are captures from a higher altitude such as planes, air balloons, parachutes, and skyscrapers. These pictures provide a larger view of the subject and its background.
Aerial Photography Quotes
- “I have three things I really, really want to do. I want to do aerial trapeze, I want to do martial arts, and I want to learn Russian. And, because of my life, I’m not able to do any of these.” ~ Natalia Tena
- “For me, an aerial picture is no different than a close-up portrait. It’s a question of framing and angle. Helicopters are great for that. But I’ve also used planes. Of course, I always have a harness.” ~ Yann Arthus-Bertrand
- “Drones ply the liminal space between the physical and the digital – pilots fly them, but aren’t in them. They are versatile and fascinating objects – the things they can do range from the mundane (aerial photography) to the spectacular – killing people, for example.” ~ John Battelle
- “The aerial flight is one of that class of problems with which men will never have to cope.” ~ Simon Newcomb
- “My wife and I had decided not to let anybody take pictures of our home because it was just the last place on earth we had that was unscathed. But people have climbed over the fence; they’ve taken aerial shots. They’ve gotten my address and put it on the Internet.” ~ Steven Tyler
- “Archaeologists gave the military the idea to use aerial photographs for spying and field surveys. We are fortunate that the spatial and spectral resolutions of the imagery available to us are so broadly useful for archaeology.” ~ Sarah Parcak